Akrapovic exhaust Svartpilen 401/Vitpilen 401

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Midnaite 4 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

hobiek
    Participant

Is it me or does the Akrapovic exhaust not sounds that much different from stock. Does it warrant the $650 price tag? For sound and performance gains (per the butt dyno), wouldn’t it be better to get a cat delete pipe and keep the stock muffler? I was looking at the Akrapovic slip-on for the Svartpilen.

Akrapovic exhaust – https://youtu.be/IeWd1Beo4SQ

Cat delete pipe – https://soundcloud.com/unorthodoxed-pickle/vitpilen-401-cat-delete-stock-muffler-01

Michael
    Participant

Thanks for writing about this. I’ve never tried to get rid of a catalytic converter – does this change performance or just sound? The audio definitely sounded more throaty than my Svart. Any downside?

Michael
    Participant

I got my Remus exhaust and aftermarket ECU this week for my Svart. Big improvement in sound, and the performance is substantially better. Seemed like there was a plateau at around 3500-4500 rpm and this is gone with the new ECU. Also, the new pipe makes the rear of the bike look much cleaner to my eye. I can say that I recommend both changes without reservation.

Macloven
    Participant

Michael, would love details on the pipe and ecu used. And was it a cat delete? My Grom had no cat and I stunk like gas after riding it. Don’t want same issue with svartpilen but would love a bit more sound.

Michael
    Participant

So, the pipe was not a cat delete, but it sounds great. I am now hesitant to get rid of the cat because it may make the bike too loud. The ECU is the Coober model that is sold from this site in the shop section. It was a great addition – no regrets on that at all!

xex
    xex
    Participant

I went with Ali Express and got a 80€ chinese imitation of an SC Project exhaust. The looks aren’t for everyone but the sound is great, much better than the factory Akra. And it’s not too loud either, you can cruise with it and not attract much attention (no less than what the looks already do).

Side view

Rear view

Macloven
    Participant

I like that look. can you give a link on exactly where you got it?

Midnaite
    Participant

I love the look!

interrested by the link too.

doesn’t it affects the perfomances?

Did you have to buy a pire adapter?

Stumpkin
    Participant

I have the cat delete pipe, not sure on how much if any power it adds, but it sheds more weight than most if not all slip ons and is way cheaper. I kinda like the look of the stock can so looks weren’t a problem for me either. As far as sound, it is actually a little louder than I would like, and slightly higher pitched as well. Once I get a fuel controller and dyno it I am looking forward to see if it makes any more power.

larryt1026
    Participant

I can’t be certain, but this looks like the ALiExpress exhaust he purchased:

AliExpress SC Project Exhaust

or this one, which has more color options (I like the burnt stainless steel color). However, it does not have that extra piece of pipe. I’m not sure if it’s needed:

AliExpress SC Project Option #2

xex
    xex
    Participant

That’s the one! I’ve been trying to post for a couple of days but my message wasn’t getting through for some reason.

I didn’t notice any performance increase, but I don’t think I have the experience to notice a 2 or 3 hp increase anyway. And even if there was a DECREASE, which I don’t think there is, I didn’t buy this bike because of the performance figures so it doesn’t make a bit of difference to me.

The important change for me was in the sound department, and it sure delivers. I didn’t want anything too complicated because in Spain you basically need the stock exhaust system or a homologated one to pass the vehicle technical inspection so I chose not remove the cat. This allows me to quickly swap the slip-ons with little effort and still get the change I was after. Plus, removing the cat would probably make it louder than I’d like.

As for how well it fitted, ALMOST perfect. The passenger peg is a bit closer to the rider’s foot than in the dukes, so the “halo”(someone please educate me on what the name is) that attaches to it has to hold the exhaust a bit further down. It basically goes over the rivets in the exhaust. If this is not an issue for you, and it shouldn’t be if you’re spending 80€ on an exhaust, then it fits with no required modifications. Just remove the stock exhaust and plug in the new one.

There are no exhaust leaks in the joints, it feels really solid and well put together, and it so far has lasted around 2000km. So even though I’m not in love with the looks, for 80€ I think it’s a good option for the time being.

Midnaite
    Participant

That’s the one I found on Alie too.

My main concern was the sound, I hope it’s not too loud.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.