Air Filter Upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Team

just wanted to share my experience on simple power mods thus far on the 401. I replaced the stock throw away air filter with a K&N performance filter for 52 dollars US directly for them. Filter is a thing of beauty compared to the cheap stock filter. It came in a few days.

I started the bike and gave it a few minutes to warm up and for 5he ECU to adjust to the filter. Fuel Injection is so much nicer for a air filter change verse a carb and all the top lean to too rich jetting bullshit for years back

So the results:

the filter is a great inexpensive simple 5 minute mod that really does help the bike run stronger, pull with more mid range and much quicker as a rideable bike. Well worth the price. K&N and Uni make great filters for bikes

strongly suggest on for a quicker and punchier bike

Tattoo Richie

Participant

hey

as you strongly suggest it i wanna do the same !

Do you have the exact reference of the compatible filter ?

Participant

Great..where is the air filter housing located? Is it under the seat ? Like the 390 Duke?

Participant

@RJ  yes under the seat in the middle near the tank 6 screws to undo.

Participant

Cool thanks 👍

Participant

I got a K&n filter and was thinking should I wait to install it? I’m not very mechanically inclined but I was thinking I should ride it for a bit and let the air filter get dirty from the manufacturing oils etc for a couple hundred KM and then replace the filter? Does any of this make sense lol

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

@John ee

You’re fine to put the K&N filter on whenever.  It will let the bike breathe better and doesn’t void any warranty.  You will be annoyed with the 7k RPM shift light until 1k service interval if your looking to enjoying all the filter has to offer.

Check out the Coober box top or the DNA stage 2 box cover. It will really let the bike breathe!!!

LozionLozion
    Participant

I do mostly off road, can the dust and mud become an issue?

txs.

Participant

@Lozion – yeah, they allow more of that stuff through for sure, so I wouldn’t. I don’t think you’d find many other dirt riders with these in without some sort of pre-filter.

That said, a VP in the dirt? Do you ride in the dirt for fun, or? No judgement, just curious because I’d get a different bike if that was how I used my bike I think.

LozionLozion
    Participant

Yeah, I was set on getting a Svart after seeing alot of off-road vids but the deal fell through and only a Vit was available so I put a Bridgestones TW152/101 combo (which I like) and will get a handlebar conversion done tomorrow for a more upright stance.

Participant

Hello all.

I have a svart 401 and I would like to change the air filter. I have found a DNA stage 1 and stage 2 and I would like to ask if it requires an injection recalibration. Also, should i need both of them filters or just any of them will do the trick? Thanks

Participant

These have a replaceable and washable filter

https://projektracing.com/shop/p/lnbvgahcswd298ifaoycnvz6ntzbu8

Participant

Do you have any ECU to suggest me?

Participant

I use the Coober ECU, its great!

Participant

Hi.

I currently have the Coober ECU and air box cover, and bought this filter waiting for it to be installed. Quickquestion. The K&N filter can be installed with the Coober air box cover?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.