Air filter "racing"

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar george 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Myel
    Participant

Hello,
    Do you have information about the air filter on the prototype?
    release date?
    reference?
    thank you

air filter

chamillle
    Participant

Hi,

I’m also deeply interested in this mod. The only thing I’ve seen so far is this post on Instagram :  https://www.instagram.com/p/BmlltMgl1CE/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1x8428jyghkp8

Maybe there is a 3D model airbox printable compatible with a racing air filter?

Myel
    Participant

Hi
    your opinion on this filter? a real gain or not?
    thank you

airbox

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar Myel.
    Myel
    Participant

des infos sur le filtre present sur le proto?

jecnak
    Participant

Actually 701 Vitpilen get more if you open airbox.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG-nFDpbYwE

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

@ Jecnak, have you already done this – is the sound than match louder?

jecnak
    Participant

@steve: Will do. But right now we have 15cm of snow here…

I think there will be definitivelly more rich sound in lower revs. KTM is offering somehow “open” airbox as stage 1 upgrade. Still compliant with EURO norm.  You can hear difference in that video on Youtube also.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

FYI i had a chat with a german youtube guy. He said its only e really small difference…

thanks

Steve

701pioneer
    Participant

I did the cover mod and can confirm it’s noticeably louder. Like any open air filter it is pretty much the same in idle and when cruising but starts roaring when under load with the throttle open.

I think it pulls a little bit better, but I find this very much to judge, as more noise usually feels like more power even if there isn’t any. As the dyno runs in the video confirm the power gain, I’ll keep it like that, as I like the sound

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Somebody in this forum said it can damage you engine…

rod frost
    rod frost
    Participant

701pioneer, When you said you did the “Mod” was that just leaving the air cover off ? I picked up an DNA filter and was wondering if I should just leave the top off… I have a KTM 390 Duke and you can buy an open air filter lid for it and get rid of the snorkel.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

i will made a ne task… then we can check how many have this already done.

701pioneer
    Participant

Rod, I removed the cover. That’s all. Kept the original paper filter for now. Even without the cover, the filter is perfectly secured and it almost seems like a deliberate design choice to me. Almost like the engineers were like “regulations, you know, but remove four screws and enjoy how it was meant to be”.

As for damage to the engine, I read about that too. Nobody had any evidence to back it up though. That’s why I go with the only data available. The numbers the Pirat pulled, that is.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Thanks Rod, other riders same Expiriens?

george
    Participant

see my comments on

coober ecu review

Only removing the cover only is safe. When spring is here (germany), my vitpilen is run in, my broadband O2 and datalogger is installed, I will provide you detailed data about the lambda values, because removing the cover will be my first development step……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.