Aftermarket levers for the 701

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    HugoHugo
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve been wandering a bit around the internet to see if I could find some aftermarket levers for my Vit 701 (maybe some short or adjustable ones). I found some specially branded for the 701, but they’re pretty expensive, so I was wondering if you knew if these levers were mounted on other bikes, maybe more common ones (such as Dukes i.e.), which might help get some more choice than the few ones specially labelled as “Vit-compatible”.

Thanks a lot 🙂

Participant

I’ll admit that I just placed an order for some relatively inexpensive aftermarket levers on Ebay.  The listing specified that the levers fit the Vit.  I guess we’ll see.

I’m pretty sure that some of the higher end brands do make levers for the Vit.  I can’t remember if it was Pazzo, CRG, or ASV.  I kind of think it was Pazzo.  That said, I’ve had good experiences with cheaper levers that are half the price, so that’s pretty much what I lean toward now.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Not shorties, but I found the factory tall Magura clutch lever a big improvement.

And on the right you can use any brake lever designed for the Ducati 1098, Multistrada, and many other bikes. Or the Renthal Intellilever LV-504 (my personal favorite).

HugoHugo
    Participant

Thanks a lot for sharing guys! I’m with you on this one @ChibbMD, inexpensive levers can be as good as super mega expensive ones… can you please share the link of the ones you bought? And, of course, tell us how the fitting went when you get them 🙂

>Max Kool Nice, I’ll make some research about these ones then, they do look pretty high quality

HugoHugo
    Participant

Also fyi, I found some levers on a French website that do list which bike it fits (Vit included of course), so if you’re interested in knowing more specifically the list of compatible bikes it’s right there:

Clutch lever: https://avdb-moto.fr/shop/en/short-clutch-lever/2067-short-clutch-lever-for-many-ktm.html#/133-color-black_black_adjusters

Brake lever: https://avdb-moto.fr/shop/en/short-brake-lever/398-short-brake-lever-for-aprilia-ducati-ktm-triumph.html#/133-color-black_black_adjusters

My only concern is that the levers on the pictures don’t look even close to the Vit’s levers, but I’m pretty confident that it’s because they use the same pics for all levers on their website as it would be a pain to photograph every type of lever. Also, I already bought levers from them for my previous bike (Yamaha MT-03 660) and they were perfect so not really worried about that, so I might order them anyways. Of course, if I do, I’ll make sure to update this topic 🙂

Participant

I think my Ebay link is to the same French company you found.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-Short-Clutch-Brake-AVDB-Levers-11-colors-Choice-HUSQVARNA-701-VITPILEN/133323973888?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=432729046237&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And I agree that the pics are just stock images.  Not bike specific.

HugoHugo
    Participant

Yep, that’s AVDB, definitely the same company haha. Ergo, feel free to share pics and feedback when you get them installed 🙂

Participant

Will do.  They’re not predicted to be here for another week or two, but I’ll definitely post up when they’re installed.

Participant

In for pictures and feel, interested in these levers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.