Aftermarket Levers for 701

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Qwandree

So do these run the same levers as duke 690 r, including the brembo master? Anyone know?

Looking for nice nice aftermarket units (ideally not the quick fade eBay China type, been there done that). My monkey paws are just too damn big for the stock clutch lever.

Qwandree

So for anyone interested, I contacted Evotech Performance and they said that the 701 levers are the same as the 1290 duke. I have their levers on my MV Agusta and think they are good units.

They are also also working on a tail tidy for the vitpilen 701. 🙂

Mr.Red
    Participant

I bought Evotechs radiator grill. Looked good but install was pain in the ass, feels like they didnt do any R&D on it. Manual said to re use stock bolts but with grill installed they were too short. You have to get new longer bolts or drill holes bigger so they do not push side plastics out to much so that stock bolts thread rich. Not impressed

Cycledino
    Participant

Can anyone verify that the levers from a super duke 1290 fit the vitpilen 701? I want to buy a set but don’t want to buy the wrong ones. I’m looking at the crg ones.

Nampus
    Participant

@Cycledino

I’m 100% sure the clutch lever is the same.

Haven’t changed the brake lever, so can’t comment about that.

But if Evotech say they are the same levers, I assume they are the same.

Cycledino
    Participant

What years for the superduke r?

Nampus
    Participant

I don’t think the levers changed.

Clutch lever has been the same fitment from the 2005 990 Superduke until at least 2019.

Max Kool
    Participant

It also depends on what you want. I disliked the oem short levers on the Vit701, especially the clutch. I replaced it with a longer Magura lever. Perfect fit.

For the brake you can use “any” generic Brembo compatible lever. Like they use on many Ducatis, among which the 1098. I replaced mine with this Renthal intellilever (as on my other bike).

NickC
    Participant

I contacted Evotech recently about the rumour that Super Duke 1290 levers would fit the Vitpilen. They said they could not confirm this but asked me to send photos which I did. They then said the master cylinder mountings for the levers looked the same but that they would have to get a bike in to check. I asked them to let me know when they did. Nothing heard yet. In the meantime, like Max Kool, I have bought the longer Magura clutch lever. I think I can live with the current Brembo brake lever which is slightly longer than the original clutch lever.

Oh, and I fitted an Evotech radiator guard. No problem, it all fits fine as long as you read their on line instructions carefully, like I didn’t the first time I tried to fit it!

Cycledino
    Participant

Thanks for all the info. I spoke to a KTM rep and he said that husky and ktm have the same part numbers for oem Brake levers. That and the info that people on the forum have already used the clutch from the KTM made me look at a closeout deal on revzilla crg levers ($87 and $95) I took a chance and ordered crg standard (long) levers (brake/clutch) for a 2018 KTM Superduke 1290 r.  Hopefully I report back with good news. The reason I’m replacing the brake is because a small hurricane/tornado hit my area and blew the Vit over. Surprisingly there was no damage other than the bar end had a scuff and the brake lever bent out breaking the stop portion of it. My OCD won’t let me ride without matching levers! Fingers crossed!

Cycledino
    Participant

Got the crg brake lever in today for the 18’ superduke 1290 r and it fits but won’t work because they have different plungers. Ktm uses a threaded one and husky does not. I called over to crg and they are looking into a possible fix. I’ll update this when I get info.

Cycledino
    Participant

What part number is that intellilever? I just bought the Husqvarna folding pair Yep f levers and they look great but the brake side doesn’t come with the part that broke (brake actuator portion). Unfortunately no one sells the brake actuator part alone and no one has the lever in stock. Which means 2-3 week delivery.

Cycledino
    Participant

Max Kool just let me know that the rental intellilever lv-504 fits and works. Just ordered one for 92$ Shipped. Thanks Max Kool. If anyone needs a stock lever (broken actuator part but the lever is perfect) let me know via private message.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.