Aftermarket Clutch Suggestions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NEO701
    Participant

Okay, so I’ve had the new clutch slave cylinder piston and seal installed under warranty on my Vit701.

The clutch take-up is now about 5mm from the handgrip.  I cannot use use two or three fingers on the clutch.  I can’t disengage it unless I use all four fingers and the bike will stall if I relax the lever away from the grip by just a few millimeters at the lights.  It must be held full and tight against the grip.

So, the recall fix under warranty has turned out to be garbage. I wish I hadn’t done it.

Does anyone have suggestions for what is the right aftermarket clutch slave for someone that typically uses two or three fingers on the clutch lever? Someone that does not expect 90% of the clutch pull to have no effect.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by NEO701.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by NEO701.
    Max Kool
    Participant

Sounds like needs a little more bleeding. Probably at the nipple on the master cylinder.

AMv8(1day)
    Participant

Sounds like it should be getting taken back to the dealership. They would’ve immediately identified an issue that obvious during the test ride. If they chose to either skip the test ride, or do nothing about it, they need to be held accountable. Even if it means taking the issue up to corporate, or getting legal involved.

Max Kool
    Participant

You’re a real party pooper right? Going to corporate, getting legal involved…

Serious, it’s highly likely just a little air.

Just get the Oberon and be done with it…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.