Advice/Recommendations on Bar End Mirrors

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

G’day All,

Since everyone here has great taste… you brought a Vitpilen 701 after all, I would greatly appreciate some advice/recommendations on Bar End Mirrors.

I’m getting a Vit 701 delivered in a few weeks and by all accounts the stock mirrors are pretty average at high speeds. Also having browsed through the gallery, I think the bike’s looks are improved when the mirrors are changed out.

I’ve found the Motogadget mirror range and also the Husky OEM mirrors but really have no idea how they perform on the bike, how easy they are to install, or if there are better ones out there.

Cheers

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

If you do city riding, or lane filtering, you may want to consider bar end mirrors that can fold back. The bars on the Vit 701 aren’t exactly narrow, and mirrors add extra width… (my bike came with CRG Lane Splitters).

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Max KoolMax Kool.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by QwandreeQwandree.
    QwandreeQwandree

Changing the mirrors is dead simple. You may want to get blanking screws for the stalk mirror holes if you remove them, they are cheap and plentiful on ebay.

I have the husky bar end mirrors, they are good (though not foldable, but I have no issues filtering with them).

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Irt to blanking screws, I still had a few rubber plugs laying around to plug rim lock holes on my dual sport. Perfect fit.

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

As mentioned above there are a few really good options for bar end mirrors. I personally went with the Motogadget ones, M.View spy. They are a tad smaller than I anticipated but have gotten used to them. Much much better for vibration on the higher speed, than the stock haha.

For install, was fairly easy. I didn’t want to pay for the extra Motogadget bar extenders, so I shifted the grips up the bar just enough to fit the mirrors on the end, and use the stock bar end weights.

Participant

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-hi-tech-type-4-bar-end-mirror?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiA04XxBRD5ARIsAGFygj9mq0fp6cWSUTAcNH0hZWK0RS1H_wpltDzyUuh8RVNEY9XbGp-AVDAaAmOOEALw_wcB

Hey boys n girls…. 🙂

Has anyone tried fitting onto their 701 a pair of these bad boys – Puig Hi-Tech Type 4 Bar End Mirrors?

It seems they’re in the correct 7/8″ sizing. Here’s a link to see more. Curious, really want to avoid round or rounded shapes…

Thanks n enjoy…. Mike

Participant

I am using Montana 2’s from Highsider. Two-way adjustable and fit directly to the handlebar.

Compared to stock:

Participant

‘Skunk’ how do you find the Highsider Montana 2’s perform at high speeds and idle?

Participant

Thanks ‘mitchot’, the Motogadget mirrors aren’t cheap so its good to know you can get away with not buying the bar extenders.

In hindsight would you have brought the bigger m.View Street mirror or are you happy went with the smaller m.View Spy’s?

NampusNampus
    Participant

I have CRG arrows on my Vit, very happy with them.

Not cheap, but they are worth every penny, great quality product!

Participant

I used the husqvarna factory bar end option.

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

rossH no worries. Yeah they are expensive, I stalked a few sites until one came on special but didn’t save too much. Also should have mentioned moving the stock grip on the left was a pain in the ass, as it’s glued down. I changed my grips a few weeks after putting on mirrors, wish I waited and saved the trouble haha.

I was tossing up between those two mirrors.. even now I’m not sure if I’d go the larger. I feel like the larger would pay off with better field of view, but (I might be wrong) I don’t think those are adjustable as in left and ride, how wide they sit on the bike? Honestly I am happy with mine, but I’d really have to have seen a pair of the .Street ones to see if I’m as happy with positioning, and size is better. Sorry can’t help more

Participant

I didn’t like any of the round cafe style mirrors so I went with these: Duke 790/ Super Duke Mirrors . Mounting was super easy, quality is perfect, the mirror area is wider, and I feel like they fit the style of the bike better than the other offerings. I’ll post a pic up shortly.

Participant

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Squirrel, how do you find the clearance for your hand on the grip under the mirror, it doesn’t get in the way whilst riding or shifting your hands around a little?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.