Admins…….. Forum Phishing ??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Admins……..

Can’t find a way to PM you from the Forum so sending this via a discussion topic.

Today I received the attached unsolicited message from a user.  Similar to an earlier one too.  They are ‘suspect’ to say the least.  You may wish to look into this.

Thanks.Unsolicited

Keymaster

I received that message too. I just implemented yet another round of spam protections on top of all the other existing measures. The problem is that this is a wordpress site and wordpress is absolute garbage. We need to migrate the community to another solution that is less vulnerable to spam but I just haven’t had the time and resources to make it happen.

We seem to have stopped the flow of spam forum posts we were seeing a few months back. Hopefully this round of security will stop the flow of spam messages. Thanks for the heads up! If you see any more suspicious activity, please feel free to post here or message me.

Participant

That’s pathetic, I read her sorry ass story and it’s a shame they have to resort to this method to sham people. No matter how hard the system put in protections to prevent such a thing and still trickle through the cracks. There’s no accountability and consequences, it’s all a free fall. The internet have become a safe haven to make money and not get caught for jilting people, it’s a wide open frontier, please be careful.

Participant

I have received two of the above messages- irritating

NampusNampus
    Participant

Is the extra protection also the reason for posts ‘awaiting moderation’ before being shown on threads?

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

I’ve had those awaiting moderations for a while now, but only tend to happen to me when I add a post with multiple photos, or multiple hyperlinks.

NampusNampus
    Participant

I’ve just received a friend request from ‘Hanna’

Joined this forum today or yesterday, and has not posted anything yet. Just sent out friend requests. I’m suspecting it’s going to be a spammer/scammer.

Participant

Same. Brand new account. This is the only activity.

Participant

Also received the request from Hanna

Participant

Ditto!  Received my friend request too….  More scammers and phishers joining it seems.  Ugg.

Kylander79Kylander79
    Participant

Phishing… yes, received one before end of November and today of “Hanna”.

Admin, please act – thanks..

Participant

What’s amazing is 4 or 5 people actually accepted “her” requests.  *eyeroll*

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.