Adding Supermoto mode…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone tried to add supermoto mode to the ABS? I have read about the mode on the 17+ Duke 390’s which obviously our bikes are heavily based. Can it be done with the dealer scan tool? I ran into this module for the 790 duke that adds this feature maybe thats whats needed.

https://www.ktm-parts.com/64112953044.html

JanoR5GTXJanoR5GTX
    Participant

You can simply deactivate ABS without any mods. Look it up in the owners maual, I think you need to hold both “Set” and “Mode” buttons for 15 sec, but I’m not 100% sure. That will be as close to supermoto mode as it gets.

SHREDWORXSHREDWORX
    Participant

I think that’s partially right. In some countries… A long press of the unmarked button disables TC. To disable ABS press and hold both the mode button and the unmarked button.

Anyone know how to disable ABS and Traction control?

On my bike however only one of these works and for the other I get a warning flashing that it’s not allowed or not legal or something. It also turns back on as soon as you turn the power off/on again.

SHREDWORXSHREDWORX
    Participant

Has anybody actually been able to disable the ABS on a 401 Svartpilen/Vitpilen and it actually lets you lock the rear to initiate a slide? Mine does the ABS stutter no matter what!

Participant

I haven’t tried disabling the ABS, I rather like it. But it came with Supermoto mode baked in. It definitely feels like a completely different animal with the Supermoto mode enabled.

SHREDWORXSHREDWORX
    Participant

@khavul Wait! What?!?

How can you enable SUPERMOTO mode?!?!?!?

I’ve been jamming down gears to get the rear wheel to start sliding for better cornering. The ABS jerking is driving me crazy and won’t let me go sideways.

Participant

> I’ve been jamming down gears to get the rear wheel to start sliding for better cornering.
    uh, that’s not how you corner bud.

On the Tach, press mode until you see the drive mode option. You’ll see “ROAD” by default. Press and hold the “set” button the screen should show “Keep Pressed”, and after about 5 seconds it should say “Release”. Release the button and watch the mode switch to say “SUPERMOTO”. This mode does not appear to disable the ABS though.

Happy Riding.

stroemstroem
    Participant

Jamming down gears to get the rear wheel to lock? It has a slipper clutch…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.