Acrylic Tail Tidy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

acrylic tail tidyI thought Id a few pick of the tail tidy I’ve finally put together.  You’ll have to forgive that I haven’t polished the edges yet.  That has to wait until I’ve moved house and have a bench, with a grinder, with a buffing wheel attached.  The indicators are from Rizoma and are surprisingly bright.  The unit meets Australian compliance – indicators must be 300mm apart (they are 302mm), it must have rear facing reflector (can’t point up and must be Department of Transport approved.  I re-used the one the bike came with, so its engraved on there ‘DOT Rear’, just in case a smart ass cop wants to look for something wrong). And the number plate must have a light.  It maybe would also meet compliance in some other countries.  I used perspex as everything else aftermarket seemed bulky and the Vitpilen is supposed to me minimalist.  Also, what with the stock thing on the back wheel?  Its not just ugly, I paid for WP suspension and the bike comes with an additional kg of un-sprung weight!

Participant

Apologies. Clearly there are a few typos – it should read – ‘I though I’d share a pic….’. Its just the image.  I maybe will share some more at some point, once its polished up.  Motogadget glassless mirrors and a few decals is about it at this point, aside from the tail tidy.  I’m looking forward to the end of the warranty period when I will do something about those two drinking straws under the seat that it sucks through.  A 693cc  thumper should have a good amount of torque, right off the bottom.  The first bike I dumped an air-box from was a YZ80J when I was 12 years old (a looong time ago).   I had to clean the oiled foam pod every ride, but for sure it made a much bigger difference than any pipe I put on it.  Once the warranty is done, just like any MX bike I raced, the changes will be done considering fueling etc right through.  I’m pretty sure the Vitpilen will be better once it can suck harder.  And more minimalist too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.