ABM Fat Bar Riser Kits

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I supply the ABM Fat Bar Riser Kits for the Vitpilen 701 (and 401), we ship worldwide.  Please email if you have any questions with regards to the kit..

Vipilen 701 Fat Bar Riser Kithttps://www.bikermart.co.uk/Husqvarna-Vitpilen-701-ABM-Superbike-Fat-Bar-Handlebar-Kit

Participant

Simon, I just purchased this kit from you. Are there install instructions in English available anywhere? Thanks!

Participant

Hi Josh, what is your purchase order number please ?

Participant

Thanks Simon. My order number is 24388. Also, which size grips should I get for the Fat Bars?

…Josh

Participant

Hi Josh, they are the standard 22mm at the controls section..

701 instructions https://www.bikermart.co.uk/catimages/Vitpilen-701-English.pdf

401 instructions https://www.bikermart.co.uk/catimages/Vitpilen-401-English.pdf

Participant

Mine has been mounted day before. I have one question, now I need to block steering to the right. It’s a bit strange. With original clip-ons handlebar could be locked in same direction as motorcycle is tilted when on stand. Do you have same issue? Workshop which mounted handlebar said that’s “by design” (I can’t not believe it).

MotoIncognitoMotoIncognito
    Participant

What are the disadvantages? I’ve read that the steering angle is reduced (how much?) and that it disables the steering lock. The poster above me says the lock only works on the right side. Strange.

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>@motoincognito what’s going on man I actually completed the bar conversion on my vit 401 I did not go the abm route as I wanted to save money and go the svartpilen triple tree with pro taper bars. As for the abm conversion it doesn’t FULLY disable steering lock  but restricts it to only the left side which is kinda annoying. Which is why I simply ordered the svart top tree which allows you to have the same experience as your stock vit tree. As for the ride quality when doing the change it is night and day bike turns x100 times better and you rider fatigue is improved by a million times I actually documented my entire process on YouTube I’ll include the link !</p>

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

Participant

Thanks @luwys007, I already watched your YouTube video a few days ago. I think that’s where I originally heard about the steering lock issue. On the other hand, it looks like @swziy above says his only locks on the right now. And then there’s this guy on YouTube (@jonathanjamesjohnson?) who says there’s no difference to the steering lock at all (see my question on his video). So who’s right? So far, it sounds like every one of these ABM kits just unique! 😂

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

@motoincognito well I can definetly verify that you will not have any steering lock differences with the stock svart tree as for the abm risers I have heard a a few instances where steering lock only locks to the right so I’m guessing they still haven’t solved the issue

Participant

@motoincognito I have AMB kit for Vitpilen 701, all movies above are for 401. Mine has steering lock to the right and I must say that I used to it (I even think that bike is more stable with reversed lock :D). I don’t feel any steering limits but handlebars are a bit wider which you should remember when riding in a high traffic, between cars.

Participant

I’ve gone back and forth with a bunch of other people who have this kit, @simonparker (who has been inexplicably missing from the conversation, despite the fact that he created this topic), as well as a ABM themselves, and what I’ve gathered is that the steering angle is slightly reduced and that the steering lock only works on the right BY DESIGN. According to Detlef Achterberg at ABM:

“it is an technical problem and it is very very closed in this Bike and we must reduced the steering Stop, then the Handlebar hit’s the Tank. And we can’t make Higher Riser on the Top Yoke, all the cables are too short!”

My kit should be delivered this week, and I’ll be posting a review of it on my YouTube channel once I have it installed on my 401.

Participant

I have not been missing on purpose. This is an extremely busy time of year and Detlef at ABM only advised me on this problem last week.

Participant

The only problem for me is that everyone seems to have a different story about this kit. @jonathanjamesjohnson still insists his steering lock hasn’t changed at all. 🤷‍♂️

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.