ABM bar riser kit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi

Has anyone been able to make the abm bar riser kit work with their vitpilen 701? My clutch and brake lines are to short and as well as the harness. The kit says the factory lines will work.

Thanks

monkeynutsmonkeynuts
    Participant

You can release more of the wiring loom from under the front of the fuel tank, it is cable tied up in a bundle. I’m sure it is the same loom as the svartpilen. I bought a new brake hose, 100mm longer, the clutch is fine, just had to make sure that it isn’t tied to anything else.

Participant

I have it as well, though put flat track bars on instead. Rewired everything and got a new brake line. The clutch line is zip tied under the tank. You can gain quite a bit by snipping it free.

Participant

Can you tell me more about the length of the various cables? I have a Svartpilen clutch and brake cable already however I’m not sure if the throttle and indicators cables will reach. The wiring loom part number is different for the Vitpilen and Svartpilen 701s though the throttle and indicators with their cables is a common part which makes me think that I may need a new loom to get the electrical cables to reach?

Participant

It should be an exact swap, I’d reach out to them to confirm. Shouldn’t require you to do any additional work. I just had to because it was completely custom.

Participant

I’ve just received my ABM kit complete with highly useful German instructions! 🙂

I’m thinking of using a pair of black Rental Fatbars for the actual bars. I’m used to riding Supermoto style bikes and though I bought the 701 thinking I’d like to ‘try’ a road bike but after two summers I’ve come to the conclusion I prefer a riding position bit more arms out and less race crouch.

Will see how fitment goes and post here in due course. I suspect using the Renthals some mods might be needed similars to yours @ferson17 as they will be probably 8cm wider though possibly a bit lower than yours. I’m looking forward to trying it. It this fails me then I might have to revert back to another supermoto, an 821 SP Hypermotard looks a fun though expensive option.

I saw your photos in the other thread @ferson17. Just to confirm you had to lengthen the wiring and change the front brake line for a longer one? Anything else you needed to do? If you have any front/side photos I’d be interested to see how yours looks…

Participant

Oh exciting.  I’m thinking of doing the same thing, for the same reason.  Keep us posted 🙂

Participant

I asked my dealer about installing a ride bar and he told me it would cost a lot because the wiring has to be redone…

Participant

If you’re using the bars that they recommend then you shouldn’t have to add any length to the wiring.  Only if you put true flat track bars on it like I did, would you have to add the wiring extensions

If you have a basic understanding of wiring and know how to solder, it’s pretty easy. Just need to buy some wire to splice into it to be able to extend the whole line. I did both sides in one night, solder and heat shrink both ends of the extension to ensure it’s properly secured.

Participant

Ah, so one can’t unbundle more of the wiring look from under the tank and monkeynuts said?

“You can release more of the wiring loom from under the front of the fuel tank, it is cable tied up in a bundle”

I was hoping to be able to do this.  Looking at part numbers the ride by wire throttle assembly from the right side and the indicator assembly from the left side are the same part on the Svartpilen and Vitpilen 701 so that means the wiring looms for the Svart/Vit 701 are different in terms of length where these connections  are made…?

Participant

The only area that you can relieve some slack from us the clutch line. I’ll take some pics of my set up and upload them tonight!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.