701 Vitpilen Recall Confirmed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Cooky3
    Participant

Hi all, not sure if it has been mentioned here but UK bikes are now being recalled for the fuel tank fix. My dealer told me on Friday late morning and was hot off the press. Not sure if letters sent yet. I only picked my bike up new the week before. He said that they cannot sell any stock of the pre-2020 model until they are fixed and anyone taking their bike to a dealer that is affected will have their bike locked down until it is fixed too…

Cheers.

Felix918
    Participant

Hi,

Here is a post from à french online press.

–> https://moto-station.com/moto-revue/actu/husqvarna-rappelle-ses-vitpilen-et-svartpilen-701/479705

I have a maintenance on my Vit 701 tomorrow morning (was scheduled a month ago). I will ask for information and part replacement time.

tleguizamon
    Participant

Good Morning.

How do you come to account for fuel loss? Where does the spilled fuel fall? I have my Vitpilen 701 and after 25km again I had to change the clutch valve.

Regards.

MaDProFF
    Participant

Yeah looks like it is finally world wide.

Olivier
    Participant

Tleguizamon

Just below the 701 right side

Olivier
    Participant

SHIT de merde

pffffff c’est quoi ce bordel !

Francy
    Participant

Il mio vitpilen 701 dopo circa 3500 km accusa rumori esagerati dal Carter catena di distribuzione, il rivenditore dice che si risolve con sostituzione del tendicatema con modello 2020, ma io temo abbia causato dei danni, voi avete avuto lo stesso problema?

NickC
    Participant

In UK my Vitpilen was in for service today and the dealer KTM Centre, Hemel Hempstead, confirmed the recall. He says he can order new tanks when the work is booked in and my tank change is booked for 3 August , though I have had no actual problem.  He says the new tanks are of thicker material which also makes them 0.8 litres smaller in capacity. Oh well, we did not believe the fuel gauge anyway!  Good to see Husqvarna coming clean at last.

Cooky3
    Participant

My dealer, Gear 4 in Market Deeping says they hope to get my tank in the next couple of weeks. Be interesting if that is the case as seen some horror stories about bikes being laid up for weeks as could not get the tanks through. Not sure if Covid driven or lack of stock? Oh well, lets see. Luckily mine is  not leaking at present.

Dan
    Participant

I’m in the UK and I think we’ve been aware thanks to the forums since start of lockdown. I’m disappointed it’s taken this long for things to fall in line here.

I’ve booked my service for July and Hemel dealer didn’t not mention this… which is a bit worrying.

Absolutely love my vitpilen but have had loads of issues in 5k miles, can abs failure pops up every other ride, fuel tank level is useless, (Tank potentially getting smaller?), screen getting damp & humidity if riding in rain, oil consumption higher than usual…I’m tempted to cut my losses while I’m ahead.

anyone feeling the same way or am I looking for excuses to buy another bike?

Monk
    Participant

Courrier reçu ce matin de HUSQVARNA me demandant de prendre rendez-vous avec mon concessionnaire pour le remplacement de mon réservoir!

Pas de place avant le 19 août… la loose !

X_over
    Participant

Dan

As I’ve stated on other threads, I loved (past tense!) the hell out of my Vit 701……for 79 miles.

I decided to sell back my brand new (79 miles) to the dealer because it was sitting in their shop, with a leaking tank, and zero information from Husky, for over 2 months. I was cool at first, but around the 8 week mark, I said screw this. As someone who is genuinely interested in the outcome of all this, I still read though these forums. Based on the amount of negative feedback that still is popping up, I’m glad I jumped ship when I did. Theres no way in hell I was losing out on the summer riding season. Being from St Louis, the hot days are golden gifts in contrast to our icy winters.

I now ride a Honda.

Which in this case, will serve as my farewell post.

Huge respect for those of you keeping the faith. I just didn’t have it in me.

See you all in the streets and stay safe!

Olivier
    Participant

X-over

understandably

Have a good ride Honda is the power of dreams

Olivier
    Participant

I called my dealer

He tells me that as long as it doesn’t leak, we shouldn’t be alarmed, he has the possibility to do the recall but he advises me to wait for the 10 000 km revision as it is necessary to remove the tank to make the valves, it’s easier for him and I understand him.

I have 8500 kms for the moment it’s going fast I think that at the end of August I will have reached the mileage to do the maintenance.

It is important to know that the dealer earns almost nothing on these recall operations and I go to a dealership that hasn’t sold my bike, since I bought it second-hand.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Olivier.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Olivier.
    Cooky3
    Participant

Hi all. My tank was replaced Friday just gone – 2hr job apparently but all done. The old one wasn’t leaking but peace of mind now…. I came home to find my recall letter on the door mat…

Regards reliability – well, a breakdown within a day of purchase but due to a dodgy battery so not strictly the bike as such. New Yuasa battery fitted by dealer FOC and all fine. Can ABS Failure popped up and also TC Failure – resulted in the easy shifter temporarily suspended until I turned the bike off and on again. Tank recall. But have to say, I enjoy riding it and willing to run with it based on another 23 months of warranty in situ…. Great fun but also have a couple of other bikes to enjoy so spoilt for choice….

Hope you all get sorted with your tanks peeps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.