701 Stock footpeg removal + aluminum foot peg install

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Scytaleus 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KAZICHT
    Participant

Recently ordered the Husqvarna 701 Aluminum foot peg set. I attempted to remove the stock footpegs by removing the c-clip, and trying my hardest to slide out the small rod keeping it in but it does not seem to want to budge.

Anyone have any experience on the proper way to uninstall the stock pegs and install the factory accessory pegs?

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Avatar KAZICHT.
    Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

They might have been installed with loctite by your dealer. The best way to break the bond of loctite is to apply high heat such as via a soldering iron on the peg mount. You can google or yt it for more info on removing loctite.

Scytaleus
    Participant

Hello. I installed mine a couple of weeks ago. They are just kept in place with a serrated area when completely inside. To get them out (prior removing exhaust on one side and gears on the other) use a punch and a hammer. One or two Hits will loosen them. Don’t be afraid. (Remember taking the securing thingy on the other side, a small screwdriver will do the trick).

And lastly. You don’t need to remove all the other items. Just enough for hammer to work.

Hole it helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.