701 in Aus

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Hey all! Been browsing the forums for a while now, thought I would post up my 701.

Mods so far:
    – Motogadget m.View Spy mirrors
    – Wunderkind speedo cover
    – ebay radiator guard (mounted on outside, originally by accident but haven’t moved it)
    – Black Arrow exhaust and de-cat pipe
    – Boosterplug
    – Removed pillion grab strap
    – New grips ( Coming this week 😀 )

arrow exhaust

radiator guard

Need more photos 😀

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Yes, post more pics 🙂

GB500GB500
    Participant

welcome and thanks for sharing 🙂

nice mods, I’m going to order the boosterplug before the summer (I’m in Norway so no rush… ) I had it on my Duke and was very happy with the result.

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Cheers!

Yeah I felt I lost a bit when I put the de-cat pipe on. I’m running the K&N air filter and modded my airbox lid with holes which helped a bit.

But definitely this has made an improvement and I’m really glad I went for it. It wasn’t easy to put in though! The sensor where it plugs in is in the worst spot!

GB500GB500
    Participant

difficult to get at ? could you share som pics?

on the Duke it was a bit of a pain but after a few times I had it down to a 5 min job ( I took it of every time the bike went in for service as not mess up the warranty…)

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

So the sensor plug sits on the left side of the bike, where the bottom of the tank plastic meets a major frame junction, and the black plastic guards start that have the air intakes.

The frame junction makes it pretty much impossible to get to. In the end I had to remove the seat and undo all bolts for the fuel tank. I didn’t want to take it all the way off, so I just lifted and proper it up enough to fit a hand under. This also made the gap bigger above that frame junction.

I then used a flat blade screwdriver to undo the sensor clip and pull it down, then route it up towards bottom of the tank. Plugged the new boosterplug into the OEM, then routed the other end back to the sensor, trying to turn the cable around and push it up into the sensor housing took a while and was fiddly. By the end of all of this, including being very careful and not knowing how to get the tank moved easily, took a little over one hour.

Tried to take a photo but since it’s in such a tight place it makes it hard as well!

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Just an FYI to others, anyone running an Arrow de-cat, have a squiz at the welds around the place to check for cracks. I specifically have one in the weld for the bracket for the rear mount on the de-cat. Currently chatting to the store about replacement. I only first noticed due to an unusual vibration/ting noise on certain rev ranges.

Participant

Mitchot, the radiator guard might look better if you tuck it in behind the shrouds:

Participant

Bonjour

Il est beau ce silentieux

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Skunk, yeah definitely. Just haven’t gotten around to swapping it around haha. I also think you have to put some foam tape along one side of it to stop vibration but I don’t have the tape anymore.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

@mitchot that decat pipe was mounted without any rubber mount, was it? Did you get any warranty on that?

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Hey Max, yeah it certainly was. Looking back I really should have taken more notice and tried to retro fit the rubber mount from the original muffler.

But yeah arrow don’t supply one and dont suggest using one in their instructions. So warranty covers it and confirmed with Arrow they will. But had to go through the seller, and they don’t want to play ball and stopped replying to my messages. Since I’m in Aus and they are over in Italy I think, nothing I can do.

I got a mate of mine to weld it back up.

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Skunk, I fixed up my radiator guard 😀 to sit behind the plastic.. finally haha.

Also had the exhaust bracket weld repaired. And this time mounted with a rubber grommet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.