401 won't start

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar redlongarms 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    ewal
    Participant

Thanks MarcD,  I will have the garage look into the solenoid at its first service. As far as sitting, Not really. No more than a week for sure, probably more like 3-5 days.

ewal
    Participant

So, Samson and MarcD were right. It is either the relay or solenoid. It wouldn’t start last night while trying to leave the bar. I tried pop starting it a few times to no avail. Finally I rigged up a cable using a lead from the battery tender and the hex wrench from the tool kit to bypass the relay and it fired right up! It reminded me of days of my youth, starting my p.o.s cars from under the hood by bridging the posts on the solenoid with a screwdriver.

I finally made 600mi so in it goes today….. Hopefully.

Thanks again guys for the tips!

redlongarms
    Participant

Good to hear that you found the cause!

redlongarms
    Participant

My svartpilen didnt start again today, same problem as before and similar to your case Ewal. Luckily my neighbour had a visitor over, a friend fixing his scooter. So I asked if he could take a look. I am myself a total non-mechanic. Turned out it was a loose cord… Something not being connected to the relay if I understood him correctly.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.