2021 Vitpilen 701

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey just wondering if anyone has any information on a 2021 model? I understand that the ktm 690 duke is discontinued so Iā€™m curious if the vitpilen 701 will have the same fate..

RiapaxRiapax
    Participant

unfortunately it certainly seems like the case šŸ™

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

The Vit and Svart 701 have officially been discontinued.

Participant

Looks like our bikes have become rare commodities! That, or a total pain in the ass to find parts for.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Apart from model specific parts (tank covers, seat, etc), I think we’re ok. The Husky 701 SM and KTM 690 SMC are still in production, and many parts from the Duke 690 fit our bikes.

So fingers crossed.

coelacanthcoelacanth
    Participant

I’m sure the 901 will be great too but just not the same as the single thumper.

On the Svart side, brown/gold coloring was an LE, then they made it (for the most part) a production model for 2020. The black/dark grey one was really for 2019 only, and I personally think it fits the model name better. šŸ™‚ Guess I better hold on to my 2019 Svart.

For Vitpilen 701, I guess the blue/white one will be quite rare.

Participant

This is disappointing- but not really a surprise. In the USA the SR500, FT500, SRX600, and GB500 all suffered a similar fate- and was the reason I jumped at the chance to purchase my 2019 701. I remain astonished the SR400 is still on offer.

Big single street bikes have almost no demand as they cost as much as a multi and give up some power. The Vit is a terrific blend of power and weight, but it still pales when compared to a lot of other multi cylinder offerings that fetch the same price.

I would point out that it still has more power and torque than a lot of high end sports bike from not that long ago, and it is by no means a pokey ride. I’m glad to have added one to my stable.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatarelfix.
    Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

The Vit pales how? A stock Vit 701 is actually faster on the quarter mile than an FZ-07/XRS-700, and that’s without shortening the gearing.

I’ve been ogling the Aprilia RS660 lately, and I actually wonder if it would be more fun than a Vit 701. I needs more revs, has less midrange and is still quite a bit heavier…

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I dunno Max, the light weight of our ‘Pilens combined with the punchy engines and sharp handling makes for endless fun for me. I love how I can hunker over the bars, lean on a peg, whack the throttle open and the bike just darts and ducks and dives. My Svartpilen 401 is so much more fun for me than my MT-07 ever was. And in the city it eats my Harley for breakfast. I can’t imagine not owning it. The only bike which came close was when I test rode a Duke 790, and even then I still love the look of my Svart more.

Maybe if a Svartpilen 901 comes out, using the Duke 890 as a base, that might just tempt me to upgrade.

Might.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

We agree

Participant

The nature of the Vit makes it a terrific machine- light and stable and enough power to get your attention. It won’t “Transport you to the land of Oh My” in the way that a hypersports machine can, but it easily rivals my old Ducati 900ss and is more than speedy enough for public roads.

In my eyes its a near ideal real-world sporting machine, direct, minimalist, and more than up to the task. I consider most modern liter bikes (and even the supersports 600’s) to simply be overkill for 99% of the riding I am able to do.

It is a shame that it didn’t seem to capture a market and is going away.

Participant

I will throw money at Husqvarna if they release a 901 with the 890’s engine. I love riding that bike, but man it’s ugly.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.