2020 Vitpilen 401

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I doubt the new 401 has adjustable forks. Isn’t the new exhaust required for Euro 5 emissions? The new cat has a closed loop system, with lambda sensors either side of it, so removing it would cause engine warning light faults (mil lamp) and would fail any government tests, no?

Participant

it does have adjustable forks see here at 1:39 you can also spot from pictures in husq website

yes also noticed the sensor is visible early in the pipe so there’s one before and after the cat now? I don’t have a vitpilen yet to confirm in my garage.

might just have to go to the local muffler shop and get them to custom made a pipe to remove the bulky resonator.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Ah I see, you are right, I’m wrong.

Wasn’t expecting that, would have been nice to have, but thems the breaks.

Participant

after doing some more digging, I think the reason for the new exhaust system is to meet a new BS6 emission standard which reduce top end power and speed.

Same exhaust that goes under the engine of 2020 KTM Duke 390 / RC390

And also worried that the adjustable front fork will likely be gone,  because 2020 KTMs don’t have them,  maybe it was only for the motor show display version.

so probably not worth the wait for 2020 and I might just get the 2019 and have more option for aftermarket parts.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.