2020 Vitpilen 401

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I doubt the new 401 has adjustable forks. Isn’t the new exhaust required for Euro 5 emissions? The new cat has a closed loop system, with lambda sensors either side of it, so removing it would cause engine warning light faults (mil lamp) and would fail any government tests, no?

Participant

it does have adjustable forks see here at 1:39 you can also spot from pictures in husq website

yes also noticed the sensor is visible early in the pipe so there’s one before and after the cat now? I don’t have a vitpilen yet to confirm in my garage.

might just have to go to the local muffler shop and get them to custom made a pipe to remove the bulky resonator.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Ah I see, you are right, I’m wrong.

Wasn’t expecting that, would have been nice to have, but thems the breaks.

Participant

after doing some more digging, I think the reason for the new exhaust system is to meet a new BS6 emission standard which reduce top end power and speed.

Same exhaust that goes under the engine of 2020 KTM Duke 390 / RC390

And also worried that the adjustable front fork will likely be gone,  because 2020 KTMs don’t have them,  maybe it was only for the motor show display version.

so probably not worth the wait for 2020 and I might just get the 2019 and have more option for aftermarket parts.

Participant

The adjustable forks aren’t an accessory. They’re standard. As is Easy Clutch.

Participant

I have a 2020 Vitpilen 401. Adjustable forks are standard. It also apparently has Husqvarna’s quickshift (proprietarily named Easy Clutch, and which for some reason hasn’t really been mentioned by anybody, including dealers). I’ve got the owner’s manual in front of me right now and there’s definitely a section on the 401’s Easy Shift. As I didn’t know about it, I didn’t try it on my way home from the dealer yesterday.

Participant

Hi everyone!

The dealer said me that inner route for the exhaust pipe also provoked some heat issues with injection system, so Husky engineers routed outside down… May be 2018 and 2019 models are good candidates for using heat wrap tape…

Participant

I have been unable to locate a second oxigen sensor downstream the cat converter. So I guess is possible to eliminate the cat. The cat is a flattened pipe so a round pipe will additionally reduce ground clearance.

Also eliminating the cat will produce lean condition. The ECU will try to compensate Lambda readings (lean) and try to inject more fuel, but may need remapping. Engine compression is 13:1 (high ratio for gasoline) so if some exhaust real improvement is done, better use high octane gasoline to try to prevent knocking issues due to lean conditions.

I will leave the cat there and be happy with that.

Regards!

Participant

Hi, what exhaust you will install (slip on?) mine have now 1000km (1st service) so hardly try to find some slip on exhaust …

Regards

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I see that Yammy Noob has a 2020 Svartpilen 401 as one of his giveaway/sweepstake bikes and he swears that there is no quickshifter (or “Eqsy clutch”) on the bike. He’s ridden it multiple times and it won’t shift up or down without the clutch. His bike has that small black piece on the side of the transmission case that only the 2020 401 bikes have, that someone on here said was the quickshifter mechanism.

Is it possible that the quickshifter is an optional software upgrade?

stroemstroem
    Participant

2018s and 2019s are easy to clutch less shift. I don’t get the real need for the quickshifter.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.