2020 Vit 401 “Side Stand Down”

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am at a complete loss. My 2020 Vit 401 has 65 miles on it currently. The other day I tried to start it up and I was given the warning “Side Stand Down”. Obviously, my side stand was not down. I checked the brass magnet bolt and it was still in place. It’s been almost a week now and I have tried a KTM side stand dongle to try and bypass this issue to no avail. I have a charger hooked up now to the battery in hopes that that is the issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Participant

It’s under warranty just have the dealer fix it. It’s most likely something simple.

But if not here’s what I would do.

1. Check the Side Stand Sensor plug connection. Follow the side stand switch wire up and you should see the plug. Make sure it’s firmly connected.
    2. Disconnect Negative terminal on the battery, wait 1 minute and reconnect. See if that resets it.

If that doesn’t work it’s most likely a faulty Side Stand Sensor.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Locate the side stand switch plug. Unplug it. How many pins are in the plug? (alternatively how many individual wires go into the plug?).

If there are just 2 pins, then get a piece of bare wire and just join the two pins together (short them out). Now see if the bike starts. If it does, then your side stand switch is faulty. If it doesn’t start, then the fault lies further up the wiring harness inside the bike.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.