2020 Svartpilen, how to do decat and new high flow air filter???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there riders, i have few questions for you please.

I bought a 2020 Husky Svartpilen 401 and the first thing i kinda want to get rid off of that black cat/resonator pipe, mostly because of the weight. Does anybody did it already on this model? Or dou you guys know how to do it? Custom pipe etc…?

Second question, i want to buy high flow KN air filter, i think i can change by myself but the question is, Do i need to buy aftermarket ECU (Coober, Powertronic,…) or if i am going to install it, the stock ECU(computer) will adjust for it by itself? Or am i going to damage the engine?

Thank you so much for your answers, ideas, help and explanation how it all works.

Jan

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

I have a 2018 Svart. and I put a decat pipe on by Werkes https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/competition-werkes-cat-delete-mid-pipe-ktm-390-husqvarna-401

And put in a DNA filter with an open air box lid by Coober , think the lid was around $60.

I did add a Powertronic piggyback but not sure I needed it…   Bike sounds nice.

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

Oh, I did add a Leo Vince GP One exhaust too. I’m broke now… Good luck new bikes are a lot of fun!

Participant

I have 2020, so the pipe is going under, so totally different story.

Somebody can please help me?

Thanks

Participant

I built my own mid pipe, and modified the header pipe.

TroppuMiccaTroppuMicca
    Participant

@Janwinter, hello I am in the same situation as you, I just bought my Svartpilen 401 2020, and I am trying to remove the catalyst. If anyone can help us, thank you 😉

Participant

https://projektracing.com/shop/p/lnbvgahcswd298ifaoycnvz6ntzbu8

I Make really nice open air box lids that solve the issues the other brands have like foam failing and being able to replace filters

Participant

i did have a look at the airbox lid. when examining, this seemed like the airbox is being opened up on the ‘clean air side’ instead of the other side of the oem filter?

basically you’re making 2 airfilters (to be kept clean on maintenance).

i’d be inclined to open up the ‘dirty air side’ of the housing on the vit and svart this is the underside.

please correct me if i’m wrong.

Participant

Air gets pulled from the top, pulling air from the bottom would result in un filtered  air by the factory filter  getting into the motor. The air box lid simply provides the intake more air. Other companies add the filter in the exact same location. That’s not the issue that’s been solved is that the other ones fall apart because the bottom side isn’t supported, and they can’t be changed if you ride somewhere very dusty or dirty making you buy another lid instead of just the filter

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>For a 2020-21…Coober makes a De-cat pipe that goes from the engine to the black pre-chamber. You can then use any slip on from the pre chamber as you would without the de-cat pipe. If you are wanting to get rid of the pre chamber, Competition Werkes makes a lightweight chamber. It doesn’t eliminate the chamber but it’s much smaller. From my email communications with Coober, the chamber is needed for back pressure. I need to email them back to see if the smaller, lightweight chamber is compatible with their de-cat and ECU. A tune or piggyback is needed for a De-cat</p>

Participant

From my email communications with Coober, the chamber is needed for back pressure. I need to email them back to see if the smaller, lightweight chamber is compatible with their de-cat and ECU. A tune or piggyback is needed for a De-cat

Hi A4208C, I talk with a Coober engineer about that, and he told me the same. The mid chamber is needed to keep the back presure. For them, the best relaible and powerfull option is : de-cat – stock mid chamber – Werkes Comp slip on exhaust and then ECU coober and coober air box lid. But I’m curious about the smaller mid chamber Werkes Comp, could you tell me what answer they gave you ?

Thank’s for that !

Participant

Hi Guys. Any update on this? I have done the mid-chamber delete using the Werkes Comp mod and I am interested in using the Coober ECU.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.