2020 Blue 701 next week…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

……picking up my 2020 Blue 701 Vitpilen next week with my son (17 yrs old, ‘17 Ninja 650).  Can’t wait for the weather to break.  I own an ‘18 701 SM and know what I’m getting into. Great bike and engineering (Husqvarna/KTM did their job).  I have some plans for performance/comfort/looks mods.  Nothing to0 drastic.  Just really excited and waiting for the weather to change in Michigan, USA.  No hurry. Refining my mods. Ride safe all.

Mark

RiapaxRiapax
    Participant

Congrats on the new Vitpilen. Its a fantastic motorcycle and you will love it. The father and son attribute of it is awesome too. I cannot wait till my son is old enough to ride with me. What are your plans with the bike?

Participant

He’s 17 and has been riding since 4 1/2.  Started him on the street at 16 with a 390 Duke and an intercom between us.  We spent a lot of miles together teaching him how to be safe on the road.  The kid was like a sponge.  He graduated to a ‘17 Ninja 650 after a year.  He rides like someone in their late 20’s now.  Smart, safe.  I wanted something light & fun I could bomb around on with him for short rides in the local twisties.  I also have a Multistrada for longer rides/commute.  I can’t believe how light this bike feels on the showroom floor.

Probable mods……full Rottweiler performance mods, Gilles 35mm bar risers, Puig front plate, Evotech tail tidy, bar end mirrors. Prolly some other nick-nacks, doo-dads, and what-nots.  I’m getting older with some hip and shoulder problems. The lighter bike and known performance are a plus for me.  Plus, it’s a beautiful modern take on the cafe concept.  Can’t wait.

RiapaxRiapax
    Participant

Definitely post some pictures when you pick it up man! Son sounds like a hell of a kid too! Good parenting I’m sure contributed as well.

Participant

Well, it hasn’t been without challenges.  Motorcycles, baseball, martial arts, and other common interests help.  He woke up with a sinus issue he’s been nursing and needed to skip the shooting we had planned afterwards (plus study for a big test).  So, I took my daughter (motorcycles, martial arts, horses, etc).  We had a great day.  Now just waiting for some warm weather and a little to clean off the roads so I can bring it home…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.