2019 Svartpilen 701 in SF

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    coelacanthcoelacanth
    Participant

Did some final clean-up on the rear fender area (super minor) and I think I’m done for now… well, other than SAS/canister removal kit coming shortly. 😉

Participant

It’s a fun and super easy mod. Will pair well with the o2 sensor delete.

coelacanthcoelacanth
    Participant

Agreed. Hoping to get that done next week.

Participant

Hi Where did you get the headlight cowl / surround, are there other options?

coelacanthcoelacanth
    Participant

That’s a part of Svart 701 design, sorta resembling the number plate for diet tracker race bikes.

coelacanthcoelacanth
    Participant

Using this thread as my own visual log. 🙂

SAS/Canister removal done. Not super happy with the “R” blank plate. I have Husqvarna accessory piece (looks like available in some European markets only) on order.

Quad Lock mount with USB adapter for navigation when I need it.

Next up is Antigravity battery and Bluetooth connected battery monitoring adapter on order. The bike should be hitting about 350 lb mark wet once this is done.

Participant

Looks good, many similar tasteful mods that I have also done.  I like your photos also.

But What part number for the Brembo brake clamp?   I was going to do a generic Works Connection clamp, but not sure how the gloss annodized look will match.   I also see an  available Brembo clamp, but it’s for their RCS levers and not sure if it fits or not…?  Looks wide.

coelacanthcoelacanth
    Participant

I don’t have the part number, but it is Brembo OEM part advertised for Ducati models, but the texture was pretty much spot-on.

Participant

Ah I see, yeah the Ducati description was throwing me off.  Sounds good thanks for the tip.

Participant

Thank you for the show & tell. Really diggin what you have done to your ride. I picked up a 2020 Svart 701 as my first bike you have given me some inspiration.

coelacanthcoelacanth
    Participant

SpeedHoles, Good luck! I think it cleans up the handlebar along with the Magura clamp on the clutch side.

NaQ, You are welcome and congrats on your Svart 701 and most importantly, getting your first bike! I’ve been riding for 25 years (started with dirt bikes and motocross racing as kid), and Svart 701 is one of the most fun bikes I’ve ever ridden.

coelacanthcoelacanth
    Participant

Another quick log:

I installed Antigravity 8-cell lithium battery with tracker. The app shows good numbers and it worked flawlessly. I haven’t figured out a super clean and space-saving installation yet, but that will come eventually. The weight saving (especially at higher mounting point on the bike) is real.

At this point my bike should be at 350 lbs (wet) mark or maybe a bit below, and producing some extra power with Coober. Combining Coober with the fuel dongle, lower end is pretty darn good. This thing flies and flips on corners like there is no tomorrow. You can put the bike at the exact spot and angle with absolutely no effort or delay.

Participant

coelacanthcoelacanth
    Participant

Lennontire, nice nice!

Added the Husqvarna SAS delete blank plate.

DuctTapeDuctTape
    Participant

Looking great!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.