2019 model

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Rickard
    Participant

Does anyone know if there’s a 2019 model planned for the 701? If so, do we know any changes?

I’m considering buying a new 701 at the beginning of September, but living in Sweden, that means I might get a month or two of driving this year before it gets too cold. If there’s a 2019 model coming with some interesting updates, I might hold off until the spring.

Thanks

Mason
    Participant

My dealership said they might not make them and if they do they will most likely be made in India ??? Not sure if it’s true lol

Rickard
    Participant

I believe the 401s are already made in India by Bajaj Auto (which own 48% of KTM). Same as the 390 Duke and most of KTMs smaller bikes. I haven’t heard anything them moving the manufacturing of the 701s to India though.

jerd
    Participant

First year production was in Austria, but anything going forward has been moved to India. They announced this recently. No word on new/different models yet

Scott Emm
    Participant

Correct.  All Vitpilens (401 and 701) were made in Austria this year and will move to India for 2019.  I haven’t heard of any updates but I hope they fix the engine shut off when the 401 downshifts.  A lot of issues so far.

Rickard
    Participant

Where can I see this announcement? My local dealer claims there are no plans to move the 701 production to India.

Some Guy
    Participant

I can’t speak to the veracity of all the details in this article, but it’s the most complete assesment of the KTM rumors I’ve found.

Martin
    Participant

Rickard, du får köpa min.

180 mil körda så första 100 mila servicen är gjord

elpedro
    Participant

No changes at all on the 2019 Vitpilen, according to my dealer.

Stevie
    Participant

Good evening all

I’m new on here and have my eye on the vitpilen. I must admit the only thin by I wasn’t keen on was the the triple clamp and dash, although not a deal breaker.

Whilst looking on huskymoto.co.uk I came across a photo of a possibly revised clamp and dash.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Can anyone confirm if this is the 2019 update?</p>

Rickard
    Participant

Nope. The 2019 model is identical to the 2018 model. Where did you see the revised clamp and dash?

Whoops
    Participant

I don’t really care if they move manufacturing to India as long as the quality stays good.

FTR, my dealer said there was no intention of changes until 2020 or 2021, can’t remember which, and I don’t know where he was getting that info.

Stevie
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I saw the revised clamp on huskymoto.co.uk. It looks great much improved. I don’t know if its for  this model year.  Take a look and let me know</p>

Stevie
    Participant

701 dash clamp

Whoops
    Participant

that is not an accurate photo, sorry to say. you can tell cause the other photos have the same dash set up as we’d expect, and then they also have out of date concept photos.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.