2018 husqvarna 401 tire pressure ?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Zapf Zapf 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rod frost
    rod frost
    Participant

What is the average tire pressure for the 2018 Svartpilen 401 ? I don’t have the manual, but read where it is 29 PSI Front and Back is that correct?

Thanks!

Beckpilen
    Beckpilen
    Participant

You’ve been getting the rear slide too, huh? Just my hunch. An unnerving experience.

BobcatHusky
    Participant

Just pulled my manual. Both front and rear call for 2.0 bar/29 psi. The stock Pirelli’s are stamped with max load ratings at 42 psi cold. My commute is very short and I’m not headed off-road, so I’ve been running around 32 psi cold with no issues. YMMV

Beckpilen
    Beckpilen
    Participant

Buntyster
    Participant

I run them at 2.0 / 2.0  on road and 1.7/1.7 if I take them offroad. I dont have tubes inside anymore, as I sealed the spokes from inside using silicone plus 3M 4411N tape.

Zapf
    Zapf
    Participant

Very interesting ” sealed the spokes from inside using silicone plus 3M 4411N tape”  are you aware if many people have done this successfuly on spoked wheels?

Zapf
    Zapf
    Participant

I have experimented with up to 33~34psi and found the higher pressure means the tire is not absorbing bumps and overworks the already soft suspension.  I have stuck to 30psi. Running Pilot Road 5 road tires.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.