2018 brand new Vitpilen (in 2022) modification thread in New Zealand.


Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #37177
    Gavin
    Participant

    Hello 401 Vitpilen people.

    I bought a brand new 3/2018 model 401 Vitpilen just before Christmas 2021 for my present to myself.  The first NEW bike I have bought since 1988… which dates me somewhat!

    I want to use this thread to document the modifications I do, partly to get advice and partly to keep track of the work as I have a crap memory!

    Here is the bike as it arrived.  Bog standard with 3 kms on the clock….

    #37178
    Gavin
    Participant

    Mods all done at 3 kms.

    Remove fork reflectors.

    Removed tank warning stickers & engine stickers.

    Remove both mirrors.

    Removed RHS bar end weight & fitted bar end mirror.

    Fitted pillon seat cover.

    Removed LHS pillion peg & bracket.

    Made aluminium high number plate mount, mounted indicators & reflector to number plate & painted parts black.

    Fitted tail tidy, wired in indicators & plate lights. Shortened wiring to indicators & plate light under seat.

    Removed original plate mount & chain  guard & fitted aluminium chain guard.

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Gavin.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Gavin.
    #37181
    Gavin
    Participant

    Mods all done at 3 kms.

    Remove fork reflectors.
    Removed tank warning stickers & engine stickers.
    Remove both mirrors.
    Removed RHS bar end weight & fitted bar end mirror.
    Fitted pillon seat cover.
    Removed LHS pillion peg & bracket.
    Made aluminium high number plate mount, mounted indicators & reflector to number plate & painted parts black.
    Fitted tail tidy, wired in indicators & plate lights. Shortened wiring to indicators & plate light under seat.
    Removed original plate mount & chain guard & fitted aluminium chain guard.

    #37182
    Gavin
    Participant

    Had a good ride but on the first straight I noticed that the top triple clamp and bars were pointing to the right… it was assembled with a twist in the forks! Before the ride with only 3kms on the clock I also had to top up the oil and put air in the front tyre which was at 10 PSI…. so much for checking it at the dealer before delivering it!  After that I check the water level and did a general bolt tighten before riding it.

    I was VERY impressed with the bike. Great engine. Fun to ride.

    Mods done at 123 kms.

    Adjusted clutch lever angle down, hand brake lever angle down & foot brake lever down.
    Removed EVAP system carbon can etc and fitted electrical plug to fool computer.
    Loosened front end and tried to get the twist out of the forks.

    #37189
    Gavin
    Participant

    Next mods in a few weeks will be fitting a Puig fly screen, adjustable clipons and TYGA rearsets.   The later after the 1000 km run in period I will build an outside high exhaust on the right hand side, the DNA vented airbox lid and Powertronics ECU. 🙂

    #37190
    Gavin
    Participant

    Flyscreen

    #37191
    Gavin
    Participant

    Adjustable clipons…. 

    #37192
    Gavin
    Participant

    Rear sets….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.